Friday, October 4, 2013

Symphony in C Major

Several years ago dear friends gave us a set of Corinthian Bells for Christmas.  I've always enjoyed the sound of wind chimes in my yard, but it was immediately obvious as I unwrapped the box, that these bells were no ordinary wind chimes.  The first obvious difference is that they are extremely heavy,  I used a chain to hang them from a sturdy  branch in my oak tree.  They are also tuned, which means each tube is a note in the key of C major.

In spite of their weight, even a light breeze catches the paddle resulting in a quiet melody that hums throughout the front gardens.   On windier days, the bells ring out in a glorious chorus.  During this time of year, when my windows are open, the symphony can be heard easily indoors, as well as out.

This is my never-ending symphony, orchestrated by God himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment