Wednesday, March 21, 2018

It just isn't pretty

The growing mound of weeds
Not every day in my garden is a pretty day.  There are some days that merely involve wheel barrel loads of weeds, dirty finger nails and muddy knees.  In the weeks while I wait for the last frost of spring, it is time to pull weeds, dig up invasives (i.e. planting mistakes) and spread mulch.  There is nothing lovely or glamorous about it.  I keep reminding myself that all this hard work will please me in a just a few weeks, when I won't be trying to pull up weeds around tender new perennial growth or digging up weeds when I would rather be planting annuals. 

Another bed that needs weeding
Of course, we won't discuss the fact the these are merely the winter and early spring weeds, summer weeds are yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment