Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January blooming

One of the best reasons for gardening in the south is that there is always something in bloom, even in January. 

I admit that finding something blooming in my backyard was a little challenging this week.  I found a little wax begonia tucked up against the garage that is hanging on, and a diamond frost cutting in the cold frame that is blooming up a storm, but neither of them is growing in the ground and you could argue that those blooms don't count toward my claim of year-round blooming.

However, I discovered that my first year lavender is beginning to bloom.  My photos are abysmal but perhaps you can just imagine the dainty flowers with the huge fragrance.

Indoors, the exotic bromeliads bloomed a little late this year.  Normally, it blooms before Christmas but these blooms are just perfect for a gloomy January day.

Happy New Year from my backyard to yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment