Monday, December 12, 2016

Ready for Christmas

Decorating the outdoors for Christmas has been a little challenging this year.  First there was the drought, which meant the ground was as hard as concrete; there was no way I could pound the anchors into the ground.

Then it rained (for which I am VERY thankful) and while I'm a dedicated gardener, I didn't particularly want to get soaking wet.

The decorations are finally up.  All we need now, are some snow flakes to feel like Christmas is here.

I'm particularly proud of the horse head greenery that I displayed on the gate out at the barn.  I decided to staple dismantled fake garlands for the body, while still gluing on the pine needle main, and using a pine cone for the eye.  This means that when Christmas over all it will just take a few minutes to peel off the mane and forelock and it will be ready for storage until next year.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment