Sunday, November 2, 2014

Meet Wilbur

My pig has a name!  My friend, Elaine, recognized my pig's strong resemblance to E.B White's pig, Wilbur, in his book, Charlotte's Web.  Like my piggy, E.B. White's pig was doomed until he was rescued by a little girl and a spider who recognized that he was a "terrific" pig.   While doing a little research on Wilbur, I discovered that E.B. White wrote other books about Wilbur, including one called Wilbur's Adventure.  The book jacket illustration looks exactly like my pig.

My Wilbur has already had his first big adventure since arriving in my backyard; branches from the fallen oak tree landed just inches from Wilbur's head.  It was a very near escape.

Thanks to all my friends who suggested marvelous names for my little pig.



No comments:

Post a Comment