Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Giving thanks

Among many other things for which I am thankful, I have been reflecting on the amazing creations of God that live in my own backyard.

All through the year I observe the infinite variations in plants, shrubs, vines and trees that grow in my backyard.  The breathtaking beauty of each plant and bloom reminds me of the awesome God who designed each one; including the millions of genetic variations that people have been able to draw out from the original designs. 

Recently, I attended a presentation on the intricate relationship between all the flora and fauna that exist within the small ecosystems of my suburban neighborhood.  There are plants that can only be pollinated by specific insects which only feed on certain plants.  Those plants and insects are often the particular food favored by native bird species.  Every plant and creature plays an important role in God's grand design. 

I am amazed and grateful to participate in my tiny corner of God's creation.








No comments:

Post a Comment