Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Meet my new assistant

Emily had the audacity to move herself and her two horses to Tennessee so she could attend graduate school.  This was a terrible tragedy for me, because without her horses, how could I possibly properly fertilize my gardens, not to mention, that I was seriously attached to Magic and Cheyenne.

With Bob's approval, I realized it was time for me to fulfill my own dream of owning a horse of my own.  Emily helped me find the perfect horse for me (and my gardens).

Meet Lily!  She is a McCurdy Plantation Horse, a breed that is unique to the state of Alabama.  McCurdy's were bred to be smooth-gaited (no bouncing), intelligent and calm, and sturdy enough to ride all day long.  Lily is eight years old (young adult), technically her coloring is considered gray, but she is obviously white.  She loves treats and being petted.


I'm looking forward to many adventures with Lily in the years to come.  

In the meantime, Lily and I will spend the quiet gardening months of winter getting to know each other.  

1 comment:

  1. I must say I am insanely jealous!! LOL I miss having horses! I've never heard of this breed - they sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete