Friday, July 13, 2018

It's a jungle out there

For the past several years, whenever I acquired a new plant for which I didn't have a planned location, I would plant it along the back fence line.  The fence line is my most recent cultivation so it always seems like the right place for any plant.

With the loss of the silver maple tree, the sun hours for the fence line garden have increased significantly, changing the growing dynamics proportionately.  Add to that, the near tropical nature of this summer's weather patterns and suddenly it feels like a jungle out there.

While very little is blooming at the moment, the plants are bursting with energy and the cream peas I planted in the "empty" spaces are over running their trellis poles and crawling onto the shrubs and taller perennials.  It will soon be a challenge to navigate the pathway.  Who knew I would have jungle in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment