Monday, November 14, 2016

Finding delight during a drought

It is difficult for me to stroll through my gardens during these days of drought.  I'm fearful of what I will see and saddened when I discover shrubs and plants that have moved beyond wilting to total dryness and significant leaf drop. 

When I look beyond the obvious, however, I can still find beauty in my backyard.  There are still fountain grass plumes contrasting with the stark white of my mailbox.  A lone canna lily in a container decided to grace us with orange blossoms that rival the brightness of the pumpkin sitting at its feet.  The persimmon tree's fall plumage is so bright it almost demands sun glasses.

This all reminds me that during personal seasons of drought, I can be become focused on the hard times that I often miss the quiet blessings that result from a closer look.




No comments:

Post a Comment